Outfit Details: Boyfriend Jeans (bought 1 size too big for extra slouch) via GAP (also obsessed with this pair)| Striped linen tank via GAP | Necklace via J.Crew | Flat leather sandals via GAP (out of stock but loving these) | Lip & cheek color via YSL
Boyfriend Jeans. They are SO HOT right now. Have you shied away from sportin’ a pair due to fear of looking like Martha Stewart on a Saturday? I get it. I had that same fear, but I was able to overcome it – by figuring out how to style them in the “cool girl” way instead of the “hipster or mom?” way.
Fear the Oprah pant no more. This trend is certified cool-girl and everyone can rock it. Here are my styling tips for how to wear those
mom boyfriend jeans:
- Slouchy Fit: Make sure your boyfriend jeans have a relaxed, slouchy fit. However – ensure that you do NOT have a slouchy camel toe. No CTs ladies.
- Sloppy Roll: Roll up your boyfriend jeans like you don’t even care. Sloppy rolls. That easy, it’s-whatever roll-up.
- No Sacks Please: Make sure your shirt isn’t TOO oversized. Relaxed fit is always good – but if you have a giant, billowing top with slouchy jeans, you will just look like a sack. Unless you’re Cara Delevingne. But you’re not. So find a relaxed but fitted top.
- Tuck ‘er In: Tuck your top in. A little or a lot, you decide.
- Girl Up: Pair with something girly. This could be a bright lipstick, a fun necklace, etc. You have to balance out the BF-vibe with some BFF-vibes.
- Belt Optional: A belt can help your slouchy jeans stay in place (like mine, which are 1-2 sizes too big for my waist), and also can add an additional cool-girl effect.
There you have it. Go find some awesome, ripped, ragged boyfriend jeans and pony up to this trend.