Be a Force of Beauty
I recently discovered and starting using a new make-up line (which has been around for a while!), Bare Escentuals. A friend of mine had been speaking it’s praises, and I decided to go in and test it out. Well, I ended up leaving with the Bare Minerals starter kit and I’m still absolutely in love with it. I get compliments constantly, people saying “You have amazing skin” and I always roll my eyes to the back of my head – I’ve never thought of my skin as anywhere near amazing (and of course I tell them my beauty secret).
So when Bare Minerals called me telling me they wanted to throw me & 2 friends a little make-up party – of course I gladly accepted! I brought along my younger (gorgeous) sister Christina and my best friend (and photographer) Chelle. We had a blast – the make-up artists were fabulous! Since I was already familiar with their foundation make-up line, we decided to try out some new eye looks – all mineral based powders & liquids.
I rarely do posts about just one brand or one product (and no, this is not a paid post) – but when something is this good, I just had to share with my wonderful readers. The only downside that I’ve had friends mention about Bare Minerals is that there are some skin-tones which are really hard to match with their foundation (most skin-tones will match perfectly, but if you’re skin tone doesn’t then the foundation won’t really work). If you are worried about the foundation not matching, just try one of the other products below that don’t require that perfect match! If you are a first-timer and want to try out the Bare Minerals system, below are my recommendations:
- Warmth ($19) – this is a bronzing powder that you can brush onto your face and look like you just got back from a trip to Maui, every morning.
- Mineral Veil ($33) – at first I didn’t know what this stuff was for. Then I realized – you dust it on after you cover up any redness or blemishes with your foundation/cover-up, and it gives you a translucent sheen to your face – red-carpet ready.
- Foundation ($35) – this does require a good match to your skin tone – but is the best foundation I’ve used! My skin tone is light-medium, for reference.
- Primer ($32) – I never believed in priming or prepping too much – but I was sold on this when I first tried it. You rub on to your face before putting on any make-up, and it makes your skin feel like rose petals – crazy soft! Plus, it makes your foundation & make-up last longer!
- Starter Kit ($79) – If you want to try out the Warmth, Mineral Veil and the Foundation, the starter kit is the way to go – it’s a deal for $79 and you get the 3 products plus brushes (which are super soft).