The Top 8 Reasons Why Traveling Light is better than being a Fashionista Abroad
A Souk in Marrakech, Morocco
Many of you know this, but I recently got back from a month long trip to Europe & Morocco. While it was absolutely amazing, I was only traveling with a carry on suitcase, which means I was very limited in wardrobe options. So I wanted to share a little bit about how to pack light for long trips, and why the fashion-sacrifice is completely worth it.
The Top 8 Reasons Why Traveling Light is Better than being a Fashionista Abroad
- Good luck on those skinny-aisled Italian trains with more than a carry on & handbag.
- Unless you are a 5-star traveler (baller), you will be lugging your luggage up many flights of stairs.
- If you overpack, where are you going to put all your fabulous international shopping bags?
- There is no point in wearing massive jewelry and make-up in the summer heat. It will melt and/or slide right off.
- Your hair will not turn out how you want it to abroad – so just don’t even try. (Can you say ponytail?)
- If you have any flights between countries, you will most likely have to pay extra for an extra baggage (physical baggage, they let you bring your emotional baggage on board at no cost).
- Taxi cabs will often charge an extra buck for each piece of luggage you throw in their trunk.
- You will get SICK of dragging around your big suitcases, and wish the whole time you would have taken my advice.
But have no fear ladies (and stylish men reading my blog! you fabulous man!). It is very possible to look somewhat chic with only a few items in your suitcase. Pack flowly, solid color tops. Stock up on light-weight accessories, like sheer scarves & long thin necklaces. Bring a couple pairs of sweet shades. And if you are like me, you’ll be picking up a few dresses, shoes & tops during your travels, so don’t worry about getting sick of your clothes.
Here are some pictures of my travel-fits! Have you done any long (a few weeks or longer) traveling? What did you pack?
In Seville, Spain in an easy white embroidered top, leggings & bag from Morocco.
In Marrakech, Morocco where you aren't supposed to show skin, but its so HOT! Wearing my Moroccan pants, standing with my tour guide.
In Dublin, Ireland wearing a plain white tank, leggings & sheer patterened scarf.
In Paris, France wearing the "Lemon Dress" I bought in Dublin out to dinner!